Pages

February 17, 2013

Magnetic

I managed to tear myself off Sandra Gregory's memoir, "Forget You Had a Daughter." It chronicles her time in Lard Yao prison for women (Thailand) in the early 90s after being caught trying to smuggle an addict's personal supply of heroin. She needed money to go home to the UK.

The conditions in prison were horrific, like reading gore.
I needed a break, of course.

Would I like to have dinner with them, asked a girl in our neighborhood.
Would you like me to color your nails, I asked back.
We exchanged colors.

And so here, these new nail designs I'll be wearing for the week - the MAGNETIC kind.
That small square of a magnet is placed near the still-wet nail-polish, and you get those lines. I like them.

They've dried up now. So, back to my book.

No comments: