Pages

August 23, 2012

To the beach


Today, I was in my element, and managed to convince myself that my friends will actually come barging in the house, demanding a tour of the beach I was bragging about.

It seems I need them around me to feel like the world is really mine for the taking.

It's true what they say that when you are young, you have this careless abandon and you feel all-powerful, anything is never too small or too big.

Today I woke up in a different reality.

In it I was with my best friends Chai-Russ-Liyo. I was walking with them down the path that lead to the beach, just outside the new apartment T and I moved into last week.

Everything looked wide and wild, a world we could and would conquer together, like the old times. We were in summer clothes. I felt the warmth in my legs and my bare back. I became 18, or 19, or 20, and I was laughing with them.

2 comments:

liyo denorte said...

in time,
the world is ours to share.

definitely,
me, you, chai and russ.
will run across beaches,
across oceans
and across the skies

we miss u,
we miss "us"

=)

sail on,
liyo

Chai said...

Vera leigh Vera leigh Vera leigh :)